Work Profile- Patent Agent (Engineering and Science)
PQE: 4 - 5 Years
- Conducting interviews with inventors on invention disclosures,
- Drafting new patent applications,
- Analyzing office actions and preparing responses for IPO, USPTO, EPO, JPO, SIPO, KPO and from other jurisdictions
- Conducting hearings before the IPO and interviews with examiners in other jurisdiction,
- Formulating and preparing infringement and validity opinions.
- Formulating strategies for preparing and handling pre and post grant oppositions before the IPO.
- Drafting and filing appeals and conducting hearings before the Intellectual Property Appellate Board.
- Managing all right transfer issues such as drafting and filing of assignments deeds, patent license, etc.
- Performing prior art searches for various purposes and opinions;
- Excellent analytical skills and domain area expertise;
- in-depth understanding of Indian patent laws and procedures;
- working knowledge of filing and prosecution procedures at USPTO, EPO, JPO, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication (in English)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated responsible attitude with ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and team work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other tools.
Engineering: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech, Ph.d (Electronics/ Electricals/ Mechanical/Telecommunication) and Registered Patent Agent
Science: B.Sc/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/Ph.d (Biotechnology/Chemistry/Pharmaceuticals) and Registered Patent Agent