Patent Paralegal - Foreign Filing, Formalities & Prosecution
Work Profile: Patents Paralegals- Foreign Filing, Formalities & Prosecution
Total Work Experience: 3 – 6 Years
Work Location: Delhi, Bengaluru
- Preparing and filing all types of Foreign Applications such as PCT Application, Conventional Application and National Phase Application
- Filing of Amendments in the PCT Applications – Article 19 amendments, Article 34 amendments, Response to WO IPEA and All types of addition, deletion or rectification in PCT applications.
- Handling of preparation, filing and reporting of International (PCT) Applications, US, EP, China, Japan, Middle East, South Asia, LATAM and other jurisdictions
- Handling of all the docketing tasks from patent filing to patent grant, validations and renewals for all jurisdictions
- Preparing instructions for the foreign filing, IDS, Proof of Rights and other documents
- Excellent knowledge of all types of patent related documents & forms as well as varied correspondence, memos of attorney and assignment presentations
- Handling clients’ query regarding patent filing in foreign countries
- Helping patent attorneys in their patent translation requests for patent and other documents through external agents.
- Reporting error in the granted published patent to the client.
- Responsible for looking/ maintaining patent applications (Patent Portfolio) filed by company for its various clients around the world and updating the portfolio on regular basis.
Communication with the clients
- Detailed reporting of Application filing
- Brief reporting of International Search Report
- Reporting Publication of Applications
- Reporting of all types of Office Actions received from the foreign Associates.
- Follow up for formal documentations
- Follow up for renewal/annuity instructions for pending applications
- Follow up for National Phase Filing instructions.
- Sending detailed report on Letters Patent Document
- Handling entire billing of the client
- Scanning and uploading all the invoices at ERP and Client Portal
- Uploading all day to day communication at ERP and Client Portal
- Good communication & writing skills
- Responsible attitude and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Well-developed interpersonal and active listening skills
- Prior experience of foreign filing is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of basic computer skills
Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in any Stream