Work Profile- Trademarks Lawyer
Total Work Experience: 2 – 3 Years in same industry
Job Location: Delhi/Mumbai/Bengaluru
- Conducting trademark searches in various online and offline databases, writing opinions on regitrability of a trademark in one or more classes based on the analysis of search results,
- Advising clients on India and global trademark protection and brand strategies,
- Filing and prosecuting national and international (Madrid system) trademark applications, attending to office actions issued by the Trademark Office in India and other jurisdictions and conducting hearings before the Examiners/Registrar of Trademarks in India
- -Strategies and handling contentious trademark cases such as organizing evidence of use investigations, sending warning/cease & desist letters, approaching opposite parties for settlement in form of withdrawal of application, undertaking not to use the mark, deletion of goods or specification from the application, etc.
- Preparing, filing and conducting hearings in oppositions, cancellation, infringement, passing off and appeal cases before the Trademark Office, IPAB, District Courts, High Courts, etc.
- Advising and negotiating license(s), assignment, registered user agreement(s), hostile takeover or buy-out strategies, etc.
- Excellent understanding of common law system of trademark laws, Indian Trademark laws and working understanding of laws in other countries.
- Excellent written and oral communication (in English) with particular ability in creative and persuasive writing and making attractive reports
- Self-motivated responsible attitude with ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and team work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other tools.
Educational Qualification: LLM or LLB from a reputed University